Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

Homemade chips

Following my New Years resolution and all, I making homemade chips, I love chips and making them yourselves instead of buying the supermarket frozen chips, will save you a couple of calories, bonus. Homemade chips are low in fat and oils, you can add spices, herbs and make them even healthy buy trying different vegetables such as sweet potato, kale, parsnips, the list is endless.

Here is a step to step guide to making these bad boys, enjoy! 




I used three large potatoes, to make myself enough for myself and Darren. 

 

         Give the potatoes a good wash and rub.



Cut the potatoes in half, slicing the top of both half's, then slice again into three parts. This is a simple way to create chip shapes, but really you can cut them however thick or small you would like. 

                                            


Add some oil, enough to cover the chips, but not enough for them to begin swimming. 




I have gone plain and simple, with fresh rosemary and salt, simple but classic. 
Then you are ready to send them into the oven, i will keep them cooking for about an hour. 





No comments:

Post a Comment